Copyright © AFL Products - freedom to choose. All rights reserved.
Me: "Mama, what's your advice about good food and coffee?"
Mama: "simple. everything needs to be fresh"
6 egg yolks; 6 tbs sugar; 500gr mascarpone cheese; 2/3 packets of savioardi (italian lady fingers); 1/2 cups of that freshly ground coffee; 1 tbs of brandy/marsala/rum; cocoa to sprinkle on top
1. Make the coffee, add alcohol, let cool
2. Beat yolks one by one into a bowl with the sugar
3. Add marscarpone and mix well. Leave to rest for 30 mins
4. Start the layers: dip each biscuit one by one into coffee and then place in serving dish
5. Cover well with mascarpone mixture and sprinkle gently cocoa
6. Carry on the same way with the second layer (2 layers are enough).
7. Sprinkle again with cocoa or grated chocolate.
ENJOY (note you can freeze this. But take out the night before you are going to eat it).
'Yes. We are Italian. Well my mama is. Good fresh simple food, well presented, obsessive behaviour and great, great coffee. I remember being woken up in Italy every morning with an espresso. I was only 12 at the time! It was like a religion.' - Alba Lewis, Founder
Currently our coffee grinder comes with a FREE coffee grinder brush and FREE waterproof bag as well as 100% Life time Manufacturers guarantee
Can we disagree? Food and drink in Italy is extraordinary. The pride in the food is second to none and the recipes are endless. Coffee and Wine is no different.
Some of the things people are saying about us on Amazon